vitals.

shameless sinner. I love beautiful things, I see them everywhere. No Regrets. Just Ripening

Friday, January 25, 2008

Trip Update.

I apologize that the updates on the trip have been far and few between. It hasn't been easy here in england. I don't get on a computer as much as I need to, to do such things. Also, while England has been amazing to us, the adventures haven't been exactly things that I would write home about. It's been a lot of spending time with friends, going to pubs, and playing football. The people here have welcomed us with amazing hearts and it's been a lovely time, just not easy to write about. Towards the latter half of our time here there should be more to write about. As I will have left my job, have gone to Ireland, likely have backpacked through London for a week or so, and visited family whom I have never met. Could be news worthy. Let's hope.
So a little bit of an update on the trip status itself. Most of the plans have stayed in place to this point. There is one large change however. We have decided to make a detour to Iceland. In all honesty we made this decision strictly based on what we saw in Sigur Ros new film, "Heima". Yup. Rash? Yes. Necessary. Even more so.
On my job.
I work for the Uni. of Southampton in a cafe. I am basically the chefs right hand man. I spend most of my days just doing random little tasks for him such as cutting veg, and cleaning up after him. I spend a little time doing some dishes. That about it. Not exciting, but it's paying bills quite nicely.
I can't wait to be under the hot Indian sun.
I must run to work now, I'm pretty sure I won't make it on time thanks to feeling compelled to write SOMETHING here.
Anyways I pray that you are all alive and well and that you understand the blessings that God has placed in your life. Oh, and for world peace.

Mike.

P.S. See Heima. Now.

1 comment:

Jamie McAdam said...

attn davis


please update the blog i am addicted!!!