vitals.

shameless sinner. I love beautiful things, I see them everywhere. No Regrets. Just Ripening

Monday, January 14, 2008

The scene:

Church on a Sunday evening service downtown Southampton.
Families, the young, the old. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters.
And the homeless.
They are scattered throughout the congregation.
I spot one across from me that I had spoken to 10 minutes earlier. His breath had reeked of whiskey and cigarettes. Sat down, he is too drunk to stand. Then worship starts and he raises his hands, and his voice. Everyone around him does the same. One woman puts her hand on his shoulder, raises the other and sings. I felt church in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow mate, this is powerful stuff.

im with you on this one-true church...

calaismarie said...

mike. please - keep writing.