vitals.

shameless sinner. I love beautiful things, I see them everywhere. No Regrets. Just Ripening

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

allo mates.

Sorry about the delay on my first overseas entry, its long overdue. I hope the two of you that have read my stuff before haven't already given up on me. I promise I'll try harder. Promise.
So I have lived in England for a week, and it has been quite honestly amazing. The first few days I had a mad case of jet lag, and I spent most of my time walking around in a haze, or napping randomly. I napped a lot. I arrived on the 27th of December so I had about a day and half before Adam arrived from Toronto. I spent most of my time alone either scouring through Southampton city center eating deliciously British sausage roles, or napping.
May I digress. The English Country side is beautiful. So quaint and green, and quiet. There are roaming horses and cows and boars and other animals everywhere. They seem to be completely unaware that there are cars and people and other animals. They just stand there. On the road. On lawns, In fields, Wherever.
English football is fantastic. Particularly the Pint and a Pie that you get before the game.
There is a lot of Indian food, and its delicious. I have never eaten so much Indian. No complaints.
The people here have been so hospitable and accommodating and friendly, more so than I would have ever expected. The Boni's have been ever so gracious to offer us their house, but have also completely served us both tangibly and intangibly. They are very fruitful people who love to share with others. Their servant attitude has been eye-opening.
We have been completely welcomed by seemingly everyone that me meet. No one seems bothered to stop and chat or even hand out their phone number in case of need. Needless to say these people have made our transition easy and enjoyable.
We are attending a church that lays in the center of town, it is beautiful and filled with passionate people. There is a cafe that is held once a week for homeless people that Adam and I will be serving at. I can't wait.
Really this post is ridiculous. There is no real body and no resolve. No story. Just ramblings. Me pointing out obvious character traits of English society. I'll try better next time. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing mate, love it!
it sounds like you're having a blast!

Natalie Amber said...

Hey, you. Never appologize for the things in life that stick out to you. Things only begin to hold no meaning when YOU decide they do. I liked the part about the "boar". BOARS? REALLY? no kidding! I also love that you have been eating indian food. it is my new love.

Peach and Love,

Natalie