vitals.

shameless sinner. I love beautiful things, I see them everywhere. No Regrets. Just Ripening

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Minutes gone by

In what feels like minutes I will be back in Canada. It's actually days. And it's actually absurd. This trip, one that materialized out of small chit-chat almost two years ago now, has come and gone. I don't really know what to say, or how to feel. I am so excited to come home and see my beloved family and dearest friends. I am thrilled to be coming back to the familiarity of home, to see the sights, smell the smells, and hear the sounds of the place that formed so much of what I am. But there's just a little hint of sadness that I can't avoid. But that's the way these things work.

Really I just want to thank those of you who checked in on me, e-mailed me (whether it was once or forty times), read my blog, prayed for me, or even thought of me while I was gone. I appreciate and love you all.

I have learned more than I can imagine on this long trek, from England to Belfast, India to Romania, Israel to South Africa, Thailand to Laos, and of course Hong Kong. I saw amazing riches, and extreme poverty and everything in between and never, and I mean never, did I cease to learn. About myself, others, the world, my faith, and who knows what else.

This is all coming to an end from a proximity stand point. Yes I will no longer be constantly on the move country to country. However, the learning doesn't stop here. The journey continues, it changes and makes detours, but it always continues. It is a conversation that never stops. So this trip blog, in a matter of a day and half will go from a trip blog, to well, just a conversation. Just a conversation, with you, the universe, the birds and everything else in between. So feel free to stick around, I'm not going anywhere after the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were talking about your travel plans in class; 'm glad you went for it!
p.s. Canada ain't so bad:)

calaismarie said...

welll the 'show' is over but you seem to have left town - when will we be graced with a new post?